ROBERT NORMAN AND ASSOCIATES
ROBERT NORMAN, (951)541-1668, (323)285-7272
23441 Golden Springs, #289, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
Since 1982, I have been designing and programming business and system
applications; capable of performing both independently and as a member of an
integrated team. Multivalue environments and languages I have been programming in:
* CACHE (language: MV BASIC)
* INFORMATION (language: INFO/BASIC)
* jBASE (language: jBC, jBASE BASIC, jBASIC)
* MENTOR System (language: DATA/BASIC, DATABASIC, DATA BASIC)
* MVENTERPRISE (language: MVENTERPRISE BASIC)
* MVON/ONWARE (language: ONWARE BASIC)
* OPENINSIGHT (language: BASIC+)
* OPENQM, QM (language: QMBASIC)
* PICK, Advanced PICK, D3 (language: PICK BASIC)
* Power95 (language: DATA/BASIC, DATABASIC, DATA BASIC)
* REALITY System (language: DATA/BASIC, DATABASIC, DATA BASIC)
* REVELATION, Advanced REVELATION (language: R/BASIC, REVELATION BASIC)
* UNIDATA (language: UNIBASIC)
* UNIVERSE (language: UNIVERSE BASIC)
* UNIVISION (language: UVBASIC)
* WebSphere DataStage (language: DSBASIC, DataStage BASIC)
Consultant Robert Norman & Associates
5/91 - present
MultiValue Software: MENTOR System, DATA/BASIC, DATAFLO, D-PRO, PROC, ACCESS, Advanced REVELATION, R/BASIC, D3, WINDOWS, UNIVERSE, UNIDATA, UNIX, jBASE, Power95, TOADS, CACHE, COLUMBIA ULTIMATE BUSINESS SYSTEMS (CUBS) COLLECTOR SYSTEM, SUNOS, UNIX, SUM DATA SYSTEMS, SUMIT, TEMENOS, MICROSOFT WORD, INFOFLO
* Performed systems analysis, computer programming, and hardware installation
on PICK-based, UNIVERSE-based, and other MultiValue systems.
* Installed, configured, and tested software packages on PCs.
* Developed a PC-based personnel package in REVELATION, then marketed it.
* Developed and maintained web sites using DREAM WEAVER, ASP.NET, and HTML.
* Developed CUBS trust assignment programs, transaction posting programs, and
precollect assignment programs.
* Developed collection agency balance reconciliation conversion tape programs.
* Developed two-way (client/agency) data update transmission programs.
* Added dictionary items linked to DATA/BASIC source code.
* Customized statement processing.
* Developed software to create NACHA-format ACH files sent to banks.
* Created new letter text codes.
* Customized work cards program.
* Added extended CUBS security tracking.
* Customized DAYEND process.
* Integrated PRIVLIB customizations with new CUBS releases.
* Created customized client inventory reports.
* Developed automatic mass account deactivation program.
* Developed update programs to process supplemental data.
* Developed programs to reconcile agency balances to client balances.
* Developed custom reports when RECALL or EASY OUT limitations were reached.
* Developed programs to create XML format data.
* Customized posting screen.
* Developed programs to create a returned accounts PC file.
* Built, sold, installed, programmed, and repaired PCs.
Programmer/Analyst Anthony & Sylvan Pools
7/90 - 2/91
MultiValue Software: REALITY System, DATA/BASIC, McDonnell Douglas System
* Wrote a program to process gunite depreciation.
* Developed a series of programs to support the new Bank of America payroll
system. Wrote programs to: capture payroll data in B of A format, transfer
payroll data to the PC, create a B of A file, read in B of A check
reconciliation files, read in B of A General Ledger files, transfer B
of A G/L data to the McDonnell Douglas System, and process B of A G/L data.
* Wrote an average contract price analysis system for reporting average
contract prices in a wide variety of formats.
* Developed a program that created saved lists from a file system that had a
structure that prevented saved list creation using ENGLISH.
* Designed a program to reformat payroll data from ADP so that their
spreadsheet program could read it, then used their spreadsheet program to
read it in.
* Performed maintenance programming on entire system.
Contract Programmer/Analyst (multiple clients)
2/89 - 5/90
MultiValue Software: PRIMOS System, PICK System, MENTOR System, DATA/BASIC,
INFO/BASIC, PICK BASIC, INFORMATION, DATAFLO, D-PRO
* Converted MANFACT applications (paragraphs, dictionaries, and programs)
from lower level to higher level.
* Designed a file conversion utility.
* Installed terminals, printers, and modems.
* Developed programs to print delinquent accounts letters, purchase price
refund agreements, maintenance certificates, and labels.
* Performed system upgrades.
* Provided programming, systems analysis, and training support.
Programmer/Analyst Hycor Biomedical
4/88 - 1/89
MultiValue Software: PRIMOS, INFORM, INFO/BASIC
* Used COMPUFACT's ELF to develop update screens for the vendor, purchase
order, hand check, fixed assets, and vendor invoice files.
* Converted applications from ELF polish to ELF fast calls.
* Modified subroutines to use matrix ELF instead of dynamic ELF.
* Developed a system to track paragraph and remote reference usage.
* Performed maintenance programming on entire system, including COMPUFACT's
MANFACT manufacturing package.
Programmer/Analyst SAIC (parent company: Allied Signal Aerospace)
8/86 - 2/88
MultiValue Software: PRIMOS, INFO/BASIC, MADIC
* Developed a program to create a report and a file to be sent to
Security Pacific Bank. Data sent was employee payroll deductions used to
purchase savings bonds.
* Created a program that produced a report and file to be sent to
corporate headquarters. Data sent was employee savings with the company
* Wrote a system that produces files to be sent to the State and
Federal Government, and reports to be used for auditing purposes.
Information produced by the system was employee wage and tax data.
* Developed a program that prints W-2s.
* Created a series of programs that were used to merge certain files from
every one of our 4 company divisions into a resultant file. They also
performed complex data analysis and resolved problems with data integrity.
These programs were needed due to a company consolidation into 1 division.
* Performed maintenance programming on entire system, including MADIC's
Programmer/Analyst Southeast Concrete Products
7/85 - 8/86
MultiValue Software: PICK, PICK BASIC, PROC
* Developed a code-producing applications generator (PRODUCER).
* Used the applications generator to create databases for the following data:
timecards, days absent without pay, vendor and employee phone numbers,
uniforms, bad charge cards, statues, statue inventory, and company
* Wrote an interview form system for printing and filling out forms to be
used during reviews and interviews.
* Wrote an employee time record report system for reporting hours worked in
many different formats.
* Wrote a communications program that could capture data.
* Performed maintenance programming on the following INTEGRATED SYSTEMS GROUP
applications: Personnel, Payroll, Systems, Mailing, and Accounts
Mount San Antonio College, Walnut, CA. Major: Computer Information Systems.
Computer Sciences Corporation, Garden Grove, CA. Course: ELF INTERFACE:
Interfacing Compufact's Easily Learned File Manager with INFO/BASIC.
JES & Associates, Irvine, CA. Courses: Intermediate ACCESS, Advanced ACCESS:
McDonnell Douglas International Educational Conference. Courses: Group Format
Error Repair, The REALITY/PICK System Assembler.
Applications Architect, Applications specialist, Business Analyst,
Business analyst, Coder, Computer installation, Computer Maintenance,
Computer Programmer, Computer Repair, Computer sales, Computer Troubleshooter,
Custom-built computers, Hardware integrator, Hardware installer, Help Desk,
Install software upgrades, Instructor, Intrusion detection, IT Director,
IT Manager, Penetration detection, Project Manager, Reporting specialist,
Security, Service Desk Technician, Software developer, Software marketer,
Software Engineer, Software installer, Software integrator, Software sales,
Software Tester, Systems Analyst, Technical support, Trainer,
Vice President of Information Technology, Web Developer, XML interface designer
© created by ROBERT NORMAN AND ASSOCIATES
Computer programming & software development in Universe BASIC for Rocket Universe, in PICK/BASIC for Rocket D3, in UNIBASIC for Rocket Unidata, in R/BASIC (REVELATION BASIC) for REVELATION TECHOLOGIES REVELATION, in JBASIC (JBC or JBASE BASIC) for TEMENOS JBASE, in DATA/BASIC for Northgate REALITY, in MV BASIC (Multivalue Basic) for Intersystems Cache Multivalue, and QMBASIC for Ladybridge OPENQM (QM).